Policies & Venues
Locations | Liability | Payment, Cancellation | Promotion
A great deal of effort is made to get the word out. In addition to paid advertising (newspaper ads, radio ads, and/or Facebook ads) when the budget is large enough, we extensively use social media and internet event listing sites. We also issue press releases, list our event in newspapers' community events section (when allowed), post professional posters around the show's area and poster in company lunch rooms (when allowed); we call as many of the people on our calling list as possible (Peterborough shows), and email over 1000 residents (Peterborough shows). It is hoped that you join the effort to spread the word. Together, we can continue to make the craft show a success. When posting flyers, it is preferred that you use our material since it is professionally designed.
Our targeted advertising involves focussing on the people who are likely to be interested in your products. The more you can tell us about your target market, the better equipped we are to attract those individuals to the show as well as promote your booth.
The booth fees are kept low. Hence, the paid advertising budget is small. Please help spread the word. There are various ways you can do this conveniently:
1. Join the Facebook event page and invite the people in your friends list who would be interested in attending an artist and artisan show, or at least in supporting you there:
2. Post about the event on your website, Facebook page, online group, and/or profile page.
3. Place a note in your email's signature. It could say "Come see me at 30 Craft Market in XX city on XX date at XX time! For more details: http://buyhandmade.ca"
4. Print and post a poster in your apartment building's laundry room or lobby, in your work place's lunch room, at your local grocery store, and/or at your place of worship. We also can provide you with printed posters.
5. Print and post a poster to hand to your children's teachers. Or, we can provide you with postcards.
6. Include the event details in your voice mail's greeting.
7. Drop a postcard in your neighbour's mailboxes.
8. Call 5 or more people to invite them to the show. We have a long list and would appreciate your help in getting through it. Or, call people you know.
9. Tweet about the show! Your tweet could say:
Shop at my booth @30craftmarket on XXdate. All handcrafted! All local! http://buyhandmade.ca
Every little bit helps! Thank you for helping us help you.
Thank you very much for your participation and good luck at the show!