We appreciate your help!
Vicki and Sharon, greeters in 2012
The positive atmosphere of our shows starts with the greeters. They are our first contact with the public. They are cheerful, observant, friendly, polite, and encouraging (but not pushy).
A greeter welcomes attendees to the market, invites passersby to check out the event, and performs several duties, listed below. Sometimes they are given the counting device to give the counter a break as well.
1. Be friendly, invite passersby to check out the artisan fair (Artisan Dreams) or craft show (30 Craft Market).
2. Offer a ballot card to everyone over the age of 13, and explain to them what to do with it. For each $5 purchase with a vendor, they should ask for a sticker. The more stickers, the higher their chances of winning one of the grand prizes (a collection of handcrafted goods)
2b. If people under 13 years of age are attending by themselves, please do the same for them.
The coordinators fill out the extra ballots during the week after the show. Please don't fill any out and please don't let anyone do so either. This has caused confusion in the past. Please also don't give out stickers to customers. They have to get them from the vendors.
3. Point out the sign up sheet. Tell them they're signing up to be notified of our future fairs. Please do not ask them to "sign in". The sign up sheet is only for those who want to be contacted. It's not for attendance. They may put down email or phone number or both.
4. Ask those leaving with a purchase to submit their ballot card. People sometimes forget to do this.
5. Please try to ensure that everyone has filled out their ballots before they drop them into the box. Sometimes people win but their contact info isn't on the card.
7. Please thank people for having come when they are leaving
8. If anyone shows you $100 or more in stickers, please let her/him know that she/he is entitled to pick a prize. The prizes contributed by the vendors is what she/he is to choose from. One prize only. She/he will also still have a chance to win one of the grand prizes, so please make sure the ballot card is filled out properly then entered into the box.
9. Anyone who brings the ad from the paper mentioning the magnet offer gets a free fridge magnet, necklace, or ring. They MUST give you the newspaper clipping to receive the gift.
10. Please offer a loyalty card to each person who enters the draw. It needs to be stamped by a greeter or one of the coordinators. The loyalty card may be given to people who don't buy something as well, but actively offering it should only be done for those who've bought something or indicated that they liked the fair even though they didn't buy.
If you need us to do practice runs, we can certainly do that. Or if you want us to discuss this over the phone, please call 705 760 3933. Unfortunately, there's no money in the budget for a gratuity this time. You may pick one of the prizes after the show, before you leave.
Volunteers are entitled to 50% off of a booth for a single date.