Low-cost Display Tips
Tips > Low-cost booth displays | More advice & ideas
- Your local fabric store or Walmart might sell cheap fabric (that doesn't look cheap) that you can use to cover your table to the floor. Hem the visible edges by machine or hand. Or, use fabric glue if you are unable to sew. First fold the edge, iron it, then glue it. It will be harder to glue it if the fold is not already ironed into place.
- You can print off signs at the public library for 25 cents. If you need a stiff backing, mount your printed sign on cardboard or buy foamboard from an art store. The dollar store might have transparent acrylic picture frames (see below) that stand up. You can glue or tape your sign to this. If you have a printer, check the dollar store for cardstock to print your sign onto. The dollar store might also sell scissors that enable you to cut a fancy/pretty edge.
- If you must use handwritten paper signs, cut the paper into a non-rectangular shape. If you know someone with a digital cutting machine like Cricut, perhaps she/he will accept $2 or so to neatly cut out a shape for you. The shape can even be an animal outline. Decorating the sign might also make the handwriting an enhancement. You can embellish it in a way that doesn't look gaudy. Or, create a frame for your sign. This can be done by simply attaching it to a larger piece of paper that is of another colour. Preferably of the same shape.
- Decorating your table can be done cheaply without it looking cheap. Go to Michael's when it has a 70% off sale, or look at its bargain bins.
- You can paint bottles to display jewellery and other hanging items
Below: Simultaneously add height, interest, and practicality to your table. By displaying items vertically, you can display more products. Shelving can be made by you or someone else. Below, the stands are collapsible! Use the search term "craft show display" on Etsy or eBay to find display stands. Or, to purchase one of the stands from a local crafter, go to the Stu's Portable Tabletop Display Stands website.